HCMC to apply Prime Minister’s Directive 16 from July 9 - HCMC to apply Prime Minister’s Directive 16 from July 9 - Website Ho Chi Minh City
Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong announced at a meeting with the city’s Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control yesterday that HCMC is to enter a citywide social distance time following Directive No.16 of the Prime Minister for 15 days, starting from 12am July 9.
Due to the complexity of the latest Covid-19 outbreak in HCMC, which records the wide spread of the Delta variant, the municipal authorities decided to impose stronger measures to put everything back under control, including the application of the Prime Minister’s Directive 16.
All districts and Thu Duc City are demanded to take full advantage of this social distance period to more effectively control Covid-19 hot spots in their area. Citizens and businesses must be sufficiently noticed of the content of this Directive so that they can cooperate with the localities in this critical task.
· Do not form any crowd of over 2 people in public places except in working, healthcare, and educational institutes
· Keep a social distance of 2 meters (6ft) with others in public places
· Stop all public transport activities, technology ride-hailing services, and motorbike taxis except in emergency cases
· Stop all inter-provincial traffic except essential goods, material transport and business trips of workers, specialists, and managers
· Limit inter-district traveling
· Maintain normal operations in manufacturing plants and essential goods stores, but strictly observe Covid-19 prevention methods
· Promote work-from-home mode among offices and state units except when dealing with confidential documents, essential goods, or on duty
· Follow strict rules in hospitals to avoid cross-infections, including compulsory health declaration